Lord, as we begin these moments of prayer and meditation in the light of your Word,
We ask the Lord the help of the Holy Spirit.
May His Holy Fire engulf us in His love.
May His Holy Word instruct us and inform us.
O God, may you open our minds, our understanding and above all, our will to your call.
May your Word fill our daily living with LIFE.
May our hearts be afire with the desire to love you and serve you.
May we seek above all to imitate the life of prayer and sacrifice of Jesus, your Son.
Help us to seek you in every moment and be willing to give up all worldly allures to serve you.
Give us a heart open to praise you, open to hear you and open to follow you.
Help us have a submissive heart like Mother Mary’s Immaculate Heart to abandon ourselves more fully to you, Lord.
Our Father, Hail Mary,
Glory be.Glory be.
July 10, 2015, Friday
Read: Gn. 46:1-7, 28-30 Mt. 10: 16-23
“I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves… When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say. You will be given at that moment what you are to say.” (Mt. 10:16-19)
Jesus prepared for His absence by leaving the work of the Kingdom of God in the hands of those that He had prepared and sent. He warned them they would be persecuted for their labors — as He was persecuted.
The Apostles were not spared a violent death to witness for the Kingdom Jesus: “You will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans…. You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.”
The message Jesus sent with His Apostles was one of love: “Make this proclamation: ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, drive out demons. Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.” (Mt. 10:7-8)
The devil have not changed in his tactics. See today’s examples of major persecutions of His Church in the Middle East by radical Muslims — and in other areas of the world… major persecutions (and subtle persecutions as well via government policies and laws against the teachings of God) still happen. It works in Satan’s favor to annul God’s divine plan through indifference, religious estrangement, and the loss of respect for Christ’s church… A true rejection of the Gospel.
Reflection and commentary
Psalm 10:13 “Why should the wicked scorn God, say in their hearts, ‘God doesn’t care?’”
PRAYERS OF PETITION
From the 1st to the 7th of July
Together, we offer our prayers to our Heavenly Father. We offer them in the unity and power motivated by the Holy Spirit. We now present our needs: Lord, hear us.
- Lord, we know that you have the words of eternal life. Help us to love those words and to put them into practice in our daily lives. Lord, hear us.
- To know you, Lord, is to know the Father, and that is enough for us. Guide us to know your divine assistance, to come to know you and look only to you, our true life. Lord, hear us.
- For our troops in harm’s way, that they may know you guiding and saving hand at all times. May their decisions be made with prudence and great faith. May they always practice restraint whenever possible. Lord, hear us.
- Belief, in today’s day and age, is difficult and takes courage. Belief, that is, that runs contrary to the “flow” of what everybody else is doing or thinking. Help us to be courageous, Lord, and to put our time, energy and resources at your disposal. Lord, hear us.
- You are the light of the world, and you promise to illumine the pathway for all believers. Light our path through the glory of your resurrection. Lord, hear us.
- You have always used messengers to proclaim your Holy Presence, in former times the prophets and angels did your Holy bidding. Today, in the Church, you call upon us to be your ambassadors. Give us courage, Lord. Lord, hear us.
- You are the way, the truth and the life, and no one can go to the Father except through you. Help us to understand the meaning of these words, and live them. Lord, hear us.
(Add your own petitions)
OUR PRAYER: God our Father, thank you for the gift of life, our first life from our parents and the new life you give us through the resurrection of your Son, Jesus Christ, our LORD. AMEN.