Lord, as we begin these moments of prayer and meditation in the light of your Word,
We ask the Lord the help of the Holy Spirit.
May His Holy Fire engulf us in His love.
May His Holy Word instruct us and inform us.
O God, may you open our minds, our understanding and above all, our will to your call.
May your Word fill our daily living with LIFE.
May our hearts be afire with the desire to love you and serve you.
May we seek above all to imitate the life of prayer and sacrifice of Jesus, your Son.
Help us to seek you in every moment and be willing to give up all worldly allures to serve you.
Give us a heart open to praise you, open to hear you and open to follow you.
Help us have a submissive heart like Mother Mary’s Immaculate Heart to abandon ourselves more fully to you, Lord.
Our Father, Hail Mary,
Glory be.Glory be.
July 7, 2015, Tuesday
Read: Gn. 32:23-33 Mt. 9: 32-38
“At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest.’” (Mt. 9:36-38)
Jesus depends upon us to share God’s plan. To prepare us to teach His message was one of the reasons He came. “My food is to do the will of the one who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘In four months the harvest will be here?’ I tell you, look up and see the fields ripe for the harvest.” (Jn. 4:34-35)
He could have sent enough agents to reap a harvest of souls for His Father. Nevertheless, He left it to us to beg the Father to send more workers for the Kingdom. We must seek His divine assistance to do His work.
Many of people wander far from the knowledge of God for the lack of shepherds.
There are many leaders and guides taking their flocks in a multitude of directions. It would be great if these were all moral and good directions. Yet the world’s principal leaders (those who control the fabulous methods of mass communication), for want of ever greater profits, lead in ways that negate the dignity and true beauty of the human person in favor of violence, lust and the sensational.
Where are the fervent prayers for workers? Christian, where is your labor?
We all bear the responsibility.
Reflection and commentary
Psalm 28:9 “Save your people, bless your inheritance; feed and sustain them forever!”
PRAYERS OF PETITION
From the 1st to the 7th of July
Together, we offer our prayers to our Heavenly Father. We offer them in the unity and power motivated by the Holy Spirit. We now present our needs: Lord, hear us.
- Lord, we know that you have the words of eternal life. Help us to love those words and to put them into practice in our daily lives. Lord, hear us.
- To know you, Lord, is to know the Father, and that is enough for us. Guide us to know your divine assistance, to come to know you and look only to you, our true life. Lord, hear us.
- For our troops in harm’s way, that they may know you guiding and saving hand at all times. May their decisions be made with prudence and great faith. May they always practice restraint whenever possible. Lord, hear us.
- Belief, in today’s day and age, is difficult and takes courage. Belief, that is, that runs contrary to the “flow” of what everybody else is doing or thinking. Help us to be courageous, Lord, and to put our time, energy and resources at your disposal. Lord, hear us.
- You are the light of the world, and you promise to illumine the pathway for all believers. Light our path through the glory of your resurrection. Lord, hear us.
- You have always used messengers to proclaim your Holy Presence, in former times the prophets and angels did your Holy bidding. Today, in the Church, you call upon us to be your ambassadors. Give us courage, Lord. Lord, hear us.
- You are the way, the truth and the life, and no one can go to the Father except through you. Help us to understand the meaning of these words, and live them. Lord, hear us.
(Add your own petitions)
OUR PRAYER: God our Father, thank you for the gift of life, our first life from our parents and the new life you give us through the resurrection of your Son, Jesus Christ, our LORD. AMEN.